Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On Sept 11-13th, I walked in the Breast Cancer 3-day, 60 mile walk.  It was such a great and hard experience! I met amazing people and just had a blast.  Not to mention some very sore feet and legs!!  - Thanks to everyone  who helped me by donating to my fundraising! a sea of pink walkers- 2200 walkers raise over 5 million in Seattle!
Most of the time I walked with an amazing women, Stephanie!  here we are taking cancer down!!
We slept in pink tents!! very cool! here I am on the second morning with a few of my team mates- kindred spirits rock!
Stephanie and I on the third day at Greenlake. The first day we walked 21.6 miles, the second day we walked 21.7 miles (very hard day!) and the third day we walked 15 miles.
Closing ceremonies! we are so excited when we walked into the memorial stadium and see our families cheering us on!

The sea of walkers with the survivors /walkers in the middle
happy!!! to be done and see my famiy
Love my kids! They all did a great job while I was away and Rob is such a stud for taking care of everything!! now, I need a REAL vacation!!! 

1 comment:

  1. You did a great thing in this huge walk you participated in! Proud of you! Love the family pic in your header!!!

    ReplyDelete